For the first time in my life I get a chance to take a 6 week sabbatical. A sabbatical is a time to rest, study, chase fancies, explore life, the world and one’s own soul.
One of the ways I will do all of this (there are others) is by reading copious amounts of literature. Here is the reading list for my 6 week sabbatical (in no particular order):
2. The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis.
3. Israelology: The Missing Link in Systematic Theology by Arnold Fruchtenbaum
Admittedly, my intent is not to read this whole book (its 1052 pgs.), but to it is to study up on God’s people and his divine love for them.
4.The Messiah in the Old Testament in Light Rabbinic Writings by Risto Santala
5. Sensing Jesus by Zack Eswine
Don’t let the title fool you, its a book about the deconstruction of the success mentality in professional church ministry.
6. 7 Practices of Effective Ministries by Andy Stanley
7. Rewiring Your Preaching by Richard H. Cox
8. The Triumph of Christianity by Rodney Stark
Some I have read before, some I have not.
Some as preparation for my trip to Israel.
Some seeking practical wisdom in leadership and ministry.
Some to hone my craft of teaching and preaching.
All for the enrichment of my life and soul.